December 5, 2011

Glass is Class at Christmas

 some people would dread getting laid off but I actually look forward to it.  You see it's really quite normal for me as I work for a Union Hiring Hall and get sent out to jobs for sometimes just one day or up to a year. Either way I usually can't conceal my excitement to leave so I can come home and visit the local thrift stores to find my next creation.  

 If you take a close look in the following pictures you will see that I  have used two star shaped candle holders (Glass) and I purchased four old fashioned ice cream glasses for my display.  I then added decorations from last years collections and voila! an instant display.  The lights in the background I also found at the store for $2 dollars which I believe was an old Ikea light. Either way it matched the stars on my candle holders and provides for a soft glow in the background.  I love this so much I may keep it up there right until spring!!

 Another take in a different camera setting.

Have fun and happy holiday decorating....Merry Christmas! 

From.."The House Nut"

No comments: