August 27, 2009

Dorm Room Decorating

*all in one coffe maker toaster and hotplate


Okay so this post is for my friends under 19 who in the very near future will be venturing off to college and the ever promising outlet called UNIVERSITY....alas a place to stow young malleable minds and give mom and pop a much need break from the know it all teenager.
I've included a prepared for and ever prepped out all American student (some ideas are actually good) for their new Maison DE retre' adventure but I'm thinking Canadian here people and what most young Canadian students need is cheap, not cheesy cheap but chic in-style make my own statement "I'm hip I'm cool" I'm all that and a bag of chips kinda of school cool". * Murphy Wall bed*Where do I find that when I'm dead broke because I spent it all on Pabst beer and gourmet dinners at Pizza Pizza you ask? Well below I am going to give you some of my bestest and I mean bestest places I've found that could furnish a Kings place on a paupers income...so here goes.

1) St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Store I do not have a great link but I promise the prices will blow you away and the kindness of the people who man the stores. I suggest that you look them up in the phone book


2) For anyone who has been living under a rock the greatest place and I almost hate to tell you cause your gonna be hone in on my free terriorty ( I've gotten my bed, I'm actually sitting on it right now) love seat, pull out couch for my loft, shutters my windows sigh here it is .....http://www.craiglist.org/

3) Now many of you may not know this as it is a pretty well kept secret but there is also a place call Bible Missions or something to that effect.


4) if you get lucky now and then you can find something on http://www.kijiji.ca/

5) Of course there is always http://www.freecycle.org/ this is one of my personal favorites...you have to sign up but fear not daily listings will provide a plethora of items required to set up your cozy abode

6) There is also the Salvation Army Thrift Stores

7) Habitat for humanity re-use stores http://www.habitat.org/cd/env/restore.aspx?place=can






1)

No comments: